Limited Warranty Terms
TOTEM USA LLC.
Last updated June 20th, 2022
All TOTEM USA LLC (“TOTEM”, “TOTEM USA”) bikes (the “ebike”, “bike”), and their individual Components, are protected against all manufacturing defects in material or workmanship during the warranty period stated below after registration of the bike by the customer (the “Warranty Period”). This Limited Warranty is only applicable to United States ebike and bike purchases (purchases in Canada and the European Union shall be subject to their respective warranty terms) and in accordance with the following terms:
You must register your Totem bike for our warranty program within 30 days of delivery. Please fill in the warranty registration form by providing information such as the model number and serial number, which can usually be found on the bottom bracket underneath the pedals. For mid-drive motors, the serial number may be located on the bottom face of the motor.
Only the original owner of a bike purchased from Totem online or physical storefront is covered by this Limited Warranty. The Warranty Period begins upon your registration of the bike and shall end immediately upon the earlier of the end of the Warranty Period or any sale or transfer of the bike to another person, and under no circumstances shall the Limited Warranty apply to any subsequent owner or other transferees of the bike.
FRAMES AND FORKS:
Bike frames made from steel, aluminum, and carbon fiber are warranted by Totem, (119 S Tennessee Street McKinney, TX 75069) against manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner.
This warranty includes a replacement frame/fork only. Labor charges associated with transferring parts to replacement frames are not included. An authorized Totem service representative will determine if the frame/fork meets the replacement standard.
Frame and fork issues excluded from this warranty include but are not limited to:
- Paint fade, scratches, and impact marks
- Impact damage
- Non-reversible modification (such as drilling or welding)
- Chain guard mounted to the frame, if applicable
Totem warrants that all electric components from new electric bicycles (“ebike”, “bike”) therein sold by an authorized Totem Bikes retailer are warranted to the original retail purchaser against manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for all electrical components (battery, controller, display, and electric motor) for a period of One (1) year from the date of bicycle delivery.
This warranty pertains to any of the essential electric bicycle components that are found defective provided that the product was used in a standard and controlled manner, and that it was maintained according to the manufacturer’s instructions manual.
Batteries can be assessed and found defective directly by Totem only.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Defects or damage resulting from accidents, abuse, misuse, abnormal use (including but not limited to stunt riding, racing, or other similar activities not consistent with the intended use of the Products), improper storage, abnormal exposure to liquid, chemical exposure, moisture, abrasives, sand or dirt, neglect, or abnormal physical, electrical or electromechanical stress;
- Defects or damage caused by private modification;
- Scratches, dents, and cosmetic damage, unless caused by Totem;
- Products that have the serial number or bar-code removed, defaced, damaged, altered, or made illegible;
- Ordinary wear and tear;
- Defects or damage to the Products caused by the use of accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by Totem for the Products;
- Defects or damage caused by the assembly, testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, repair, or adjustment of the Products in a manner that varies from the Assembly Instructions or Owner's Manual;
- Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision, fire, flooding, windstorms, lightning, earthquakes, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuses, or improper use of any electrical source.
- Charging with a battery charger not intended or appropriate for use with the Battery;
- Using a battery charger improperly;
- If any of the seals on the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering;
- If the Battery has been used in equipment other than the Bike for which it is specified.
Original Totem parts and components are covered by a One(1) - year limited warranty. (If more than 15 days have passed since the date of receipt of the bike, the replacement of parts within the warranty period will require shipping costs.)
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear of any Covered Component.
- Consumables or normal wear and tear parts (including without limitation tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, chain and spokes).
- Any damage or defects to Covered Components resulting from failure to follow instructions in the ebike owner’s manual, acts of God, accident, misuse, neglect, abuse, commercial use, alterations, modification, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the ebike as sold, operator error, water damage, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Totem will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
- The Battery is not warranted from damage resulting from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuse, normal wear or water damage.
- Any products sold by Totem that is not an ebike/bike.
- Ordinary wear and tear not resulting from defects in workmanship or materials. Wear and tear can only be assessed by Totem. Wearable Parts not typically covered include but are not limited to:
- Brake pads
- Chain rings
HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM
If you believe your Totem bike has a warranty issue, your first point of contact should be your Totem retailer where you purchased your frame or bike. The place of purchase will facilitate the claim with Totem on your behalf. If you purchased directly from Totemusa.com, submit a warranty claim using this warranty claim form and a member of our support team will reach out to you once your claim has been reviewed.
- Contact the Totem Technical Support team through this request form. The Technical Support team will initially work with you on the problem with your bike to identify potential simple fixes.
- If the Technical Support team determines that a bike or component must be replaced, they will provide you with a set of instructions for returning the defective component and receiving the replacement.
- After you receive the replacement component, the Technical Support team will also assist in determining how to replace or install the new component into your bike.
- You will be responsible for shipping costs associated with returning a component, unless Totem agrees in writing to pay for such shipping costs. Replacement components under this Warranty shall only be shipped to the address of the original purchaser.
TOTEM WILL NOT REPLACE ANY BIKE OR COMPONENT UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST SEEING PHOTOS OR VIDEO OF THE DAMAGED BIKE OR COMPONENT.